MEMPHIS, Tenn. – Less than a month after abruptly closing its doors for good, leaving hundreds of employees without a job and many customers looking for answers, American Car Center has filed for bankruptcy.
Records show that the company, with its headquarters in Memphis, filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, for liquidation as opposed to reorganization.
While American Car Center looks to pay its lenders, customers are still dealing with questions regarding payments, tags, titles, mechanical issues and more.
Here’s what anyone in this situation should know:
1. If you have a temporary tag, contact the Shelby County Clerk’s Office. Have your bill of sale or lease agreement handy.
2. Keep making your payments. You don’t want to hurt your credit. You can pay these four ways.
– Pay online at amfinancial.com.
– Pay by phone at 877-720-4477.
– Pay in person at CheckFreePay location. Find a location here.
– Pay by mail. Make checks or money orders payable to Westlake Portfolio Management. Include your billing payment slip or write your Westlake …